Yesterday I took Shiri Vooturi and Raj Vooturi who descended from Dallas, and rest of the gang including Radhika Chintala Revanth Chintala Aniketh Chintala Rohan Bodla Rithesh, Prakash, Renuka, and our in-laws.
It was first camping experience for most in the family, which included campfire with songs and games, ultra fun dumb charades, late night chatting, early morning meditations and sun salutations, brushing with neem sticks, chai with fresh milk, clean air, clear view of zillion stars, interaction with live stock, and more.
Coincidentally, we were the first guests of the Venky Talla‘s GreenAcres B&B, and in a way beta tested the facility. Everyone in the family loved the experience of being in bliss amidst nature, and camping around one of the few green patches around Bhongir.
Here is more feedback and highlights on our stay.
- For young NRI kids, interaction with live stock was interesting and educative. Also, witnessing plantation of various fruits was also fun. See the snaps below
- For Adults: At first, they were vowed by the efforts you have put in, and amazed to see that this is one of the few dense vegetation zones around that place. They felt, it took so much effort to travel for a day here, and what it would have taken for you to come here every week for last 15 years.
- They loved the calmness, serenity, design and cleanliness of the farm house. There were amazed to see almost no mosquitoes in the farm house. However, they freaked out with frogs and lizards
- Teens enjoyed board games, carrom board game, and basketball games. In-Laws loved Manakala / Vangandla peetha / pallanguzhi board game
- Campfire was one of the highlights, anthakshari songs event in front of the fire, and being served by hot chai by Caretakers was a treat. When the lights were turned off, everyone gasped to see zillion stars in the clear sky
- Within the house, entire family played Dumb Charades, which was the most fun event at the camping. Poori and Alu Curry served for dinner was pretty neat and everyone gulped it without saying a word
- Next morning, most took the walk around the Farm. Someone wanted to leave early at 9AM, but none in the gang left, until we all checked out. They felt the place and peace was addictive
- Caretakers plucked the flowers for Radhika’s guru Pooja. They also arranged the flowers on a plate in the shape of Brathukamma which inspired women to dance around it
- Caretakers and Chefs, Laxman and Shobha behaved as if they were taking care of farm and guest for a long time, though it was first time experience for them. They were cooperative, friendly, and served with a smile. All families tipped them generously, so that they will continue to do a good job, and take care of future guests
- As we checked out of the place, everyone profusely thanked me for the idea, and thanked you for your contribution for greener planet via farm initiative. They recommended me to double the initially committed contribution for the stay
Our favorite family game, desi fusion of Dumb Charades with Movie Titles as the theme
Age old Mankala / Vanagandal Peetha Game, with Venky trying to fusion the Sustainable Living Theme
Niha and Shriyan Dribbling outside the farm house
Shiri learned that her younger kid Shriyan is upset as he is not getting a chance to play carroms, and was approaching to cajole him. I followed her to capture cute candid moment, and created the clip with a classic song from GUNDAMMA KATHA movie
My Mom-In-Law created traditional decoration with floors, which inspired all the girls to give an ode to Telengana ritual, Brathukamma dance.